Brooklyn Microgrid is a proposal to develop a community microgrid in the Gowanus and Park Slope areas of Brooklyn, NY in support of Governor Cuomo’s goal of creating local energy networks with the ability to separate from the larger electric grid during extreme weather events or other emergencies. The first phase of the project will focus on:
- Working with community leaders, utilities and technology partners to identify the best fit for distributed energy resources and critical infrastructure upgrades
- Developing locally generated energy that provide resiliency for emergency needs of local communities
- Reducing customer costs and promoting clean, renewable electricity, energy efficiency and energy storage options within my community
- Managing these distributed energy resources for times of power outages and emergencies to protect my community and local economy
- Identify and create new financial incentives and business models to drive community involvement and jobs, boosting the local economy
We are a team of energy services professionals including engineers, software developers, analysts and makers who are dedicated to building out a resilient, clean and renewable, locally generated microgrid in Brooklyn, NY.